CBCT scan is a relatively new technology. They produce 3D dental imaging using a rotating gantry attached to an X-ray source and detector.
CBCT scan produces 3D dental X-ray images of the jaws and teeth. They enable physicians to see the exact shape of the bone, making it easier to assess the patient’s potential response to dental implants or other specialty procedures.
CBCT scan is a safe and common imaging technique that is usually quick and painless. It helps ensure that the dentist or orthodontist gets the most accurate assessment possible of the teeth and jaws. Dental CT scans are inexpensive compared to other imaging technologies.
As a dental scan/CBCT can give the dentist an in-depth view of teeth, jaw, gums, nerves, and sinuses – it can help detect and diagnose many diseases.
Benefits of CBCT scan over the regular CT scan:
- 90% less radiation exposure as compared to CT scans.
- Quick procedure of 30 seconds to a minute as compared to one-hour procedure in CT scans.
- No discomfort like claustrophobia or loud noise.
- This dental scan procedure is quick and painless.
- CBCT technology allows the dentists to use flapless implant placement, which is less invasive for the patient and reduces discomfort and speeds up the recovery process.
- CBCT scan allows the dentists to measure the amount of jawbone available so that they can determine not only if bone grafting is required prior to placing the implant but also the exact location where the implant must be placed for long-term success.
A CBCT system impresses with its simple operability and integration into routine practices, shorter examination times—including higher image sharpness and lower radiation dose—increased X-ray tube efficiency and lower image distortion because of movements of the patient.
Sterling Dental Clinic offers all the latest and innovative tests and with utmost precision and all the safety measures.