A root canal treatment is a dental procedure to remove inflamed or infected pulp on the inside of the tooth which is then carefully cleaned and disinfected, then filled and sealed. Root canal treatment is designed to eliminate bacteria from the infected root canal, prevent reinfection of the tooth and save the natural tooth.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU NEED AN RCT? / SYMPTOMS SHOWING THAT YOU NEED A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
It is important to know that you may not have any symptoms in the early stages of infection, and every tooth will respond differently when it comes to tooth decay.
In some cases, your tooth may darken in colour, which could mean that the nerve (blood supply to the tooth) is dying.
Root canals are needed in a tooth with a deep cavity, or secondary infection beneath a pre-existing filling, or in a tooth cracked from injury or genetics.
There are a few symptoms that mean you might need a root canal:
- Lingering sensitivity to hot and/or cold food and sweets, even after the sensation has been removed
- Throbbing pain while chewing or biting
- Pain that worsens when you lie down
- Tooth pain that radiates to the head and ears
- Pimples on the gums/swelling around the tooth
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- Deep decay or darkening of the gums
If you want to get the best root canal in Delhi, your search ends at Sterling Dental Clinic. At Sterling Dental Clinic, Dr. Tarun Giroti, who firmly advocates holistic dentistry, wholeheartedly believes that it is far better to save and treat a tooth where possible than to remove it. Thanks to endodontic treatments, extracting a tooth is no longer your only option. You can get root canal therapy.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatments
- Alleviates Pain
- Eliminate Temperate Sensitivity
- Prevents Further Serious Infections
- Save Your Natural Smile
- Root Canals are Quick and Easy
- Limited Post-Op Maintenance
- Prevents Problems from Shifting Teeth
- Virtually Pain Free
Make your appointment today!